Saturday, March 11, 2006

Even I annoy myself at times

Alright foos I was able to do some ruminating and come up with some mild to non-humor to entertain your enraptured minds for the week, especially since some people who read this blog (Michael Jordan, Bill Gates, Warren and Jimmy Buffett, etc.) do not make any moves prior to the reading of this blog. Call it social responsibility, but I feel I have to come up with something, and this week I have come up with the literary equivalent of monkey spew.

I recently switched my alarm clock radio (which has survived since freshmen year of college despite many falls from the windowsill) from the prison raid style buzzer to the radio option. And, you now ask, what radio station did you set it to? Did you set it to some loud ass music station? Or a station where Gilbert Gottfried just makes shrill noises 24 hours a day? (which by the way, if this ever happens, it was all me) No, I instead opted for an easy listening station. It is great. I hear nothing but soft rock for all of the four times I end up hitting the snooze button every morning. I hear such great songs as "Have I told you lately (that I love you)", "Various titles by Matchbox 20", "John Mayer Gay-Fest '06" and other such titles. Frankly I cannot really remember them more than five minutes after I hear them because I am always sleeping or near sleep when they come on. But, it has been a great lifestyle choice.

The other day Logan and I went to hoop it up at DU and you would have thought it was international day or something. Half the gym was occupied with "soccer" (which claims to be a popular sport) and the other half were actual people playing cricket. Are you serious? Cricket and soccer were infringing on my b-ball time? It was...(prepare for offensive word that sets people off) gaytarded. Or to be politically correct homosexually-developed-mentally-disabled.

I just realized that I actually did successfully break my streak of getting stiches every year in 2005. I got them in 2003 (basketball collision), 2004 (jousting American Gladiator style) but not 2005. But now I got stiches in my nuts in '06, which makes up for several year without stiches.

Regarding my post yesterday, I don't understand how I have to end up paying a similar amount to those people who say, accidentally cut off their arms with chainsaws. That is why insurance is sort of stupid. And if anyone wants to give me money or hire me to work for them (part-time, after work and all I do is entertain you) I would gladly accept. Because the plan of new (used) car in '06 looks to be postponed until way later in the year. Which disappoints me.

I have been bugging the hell out of myself recently with my use of the word "phenomenal". I have no idea why I keep saying it, and saying it in regards to everything, when in fact, many things have no relation to phenomena. For example:

"How about that weather, Tim?"
"It's phenomenal"

"That dinner was good"
"It certainly was phenomenal"

And, I say it in some sort of annoying way as if I have been in a posse with Dick Vitale and my good friend Gilbert Gottfried for a while. So, if I am around you and say this word. Tell me to shove it. Seriously, shove it.

No comments: