Friday, January 27, 2006

My noodle is defnitely cock-a-doodle

I have decided, after at least 7 gruleing seconds of thought, that I am a little bit crazy. I am a paradox of myself...for everything that I like in my life it seems there are complete opposites that I also like or vehemently dislike, or similar things that I treat just the same way. For example:

Food
-I really like ketchup
-I Hate tomatoes

-I don't like peppers (green, red, yellow) that much
-I love spicy foods

-I hate some foods because of their texture or consistency
-I could eat oatmeal three meals a day


Music
-I like rap
-I dress pretty preppy
-I hate country

-I love me some 70's rock and roll
- I hate metal

-I love to perform my own death metal
-I also like to sing country

Other-
I have a tattoo and love to work out and lift weights and flex my muscles. But I like to cook and clean and I do accounting work for a living.

I just think I'm crazy. I am not so sure others wouldn't agree. I sometimes even laugh out loud, unprovoked, when I am alone and without comedic media.

Here is a story from back in the day as I have dedicated most of my writing time for the week to "The Blogoff Two: Maybe Trevor will form a thought"

When I was a senior in high school, I went to some convention for some Club at a hotel in downtown Louisville. There were three other people in my room (all guys) and so being ultra-manly we all did not want to share beds, so two people claimed beds when they got there and me and the other guy were stuck with the floor (the other guy really loved god and stayed up all night talking about Christ with a group in the hallway, sso a bed was not too much of an issue for him...and I wish I was making that detial up).

That left me with a floor to sleep on. Screw that.

So I devised a plan. I laid down in the bed...this kid Brennan, who was a little weird, pushed me out. But then these girls from some rural county who he had met at the convention called our room and Brennan started spittin the un-smoothest game ever to them, but at least he vacated the bed.

I took my chance and got in the bed while Brennan was chatting and I came up with a sure proof way to keep the bed. I modified the grade school tactic of licking your food so no one else would want it, and I liberally drooled on the pools (before I was asleep, because if I had fallen asleep I would have inwittingly employed this tactic). So, Brennan saw me do this and conceded the bed. But there was still one problem; Brennan was drooling unflattering game to some, in all likelihood, funny looking girls.

So, I eventually told Brennan that I needed to talk to them, and he probably thought something like "Good there are three of them and they asked to talk to one of the other guys" At this point I ruined Brennan's game and he stopped talking on the phone.

These are, as far as I can remember, verbatim the words I said to those girls:

"Hi, you know Brennan, the guy you've been talking to for the last few hours? Do you ever watch Maury? You know those kids who have to wear special suits because normal sunlight causes them to get burned? Brennan is one of those guys. But hey, I am sure he has a special suit made for two just for him and a lady"

True, I got punched really hard, but my special suit story turned into something of lore among people at my high school. Although it was like a game of telephone and I think it actually in the end helped Brennan get some play "Did you hear Brennan has a suit that cooks special French food?" "Brennan has a lot of suits!"

Whatever. it was and is a good story.

No comments: