Monday, August 15, 2005

Whistle While You Work (but I like whistling, so can't we do it some other time?)

As my co-worker Paul and I had the a fight with the leaves of the mother-in-law's tongue that U had ripped off the plant downstairs, I imagined a scenario where my boss Dennis found us and instead of being angry joined the fight...but then again this would never happen in a real world situation as Dennis' favorite battling plant is a saguarro cactus.

On Friday night I was just hanging out and then I decided to go buy some frosty brews to enjoy. It ended up being a handle of Jim Beam and between me and my friend Trevor there was nothing left by the end of the night. The range of subject matter discussed that night is tough to imagine, but given our intoxication, is not really so hard. Here is a sample conversation:

Trevor: "Who is the person you would want to play most with in intramural basketball?"
Tim: I think Kim Jong-Il
Trevor: What? Are you joking?
Tim: No way the man made 14 holes-in-one the first time he ever played golf...he would be a man child on the b-ball court

That was the way the night went as I recalled bits and pieces the next day. And the burn mark on the back porch made me most clearly recall finding a box of snakes (the little tiny "firework" that grows out of nothing) and setting them on fire on the back porch as we watched in humored, drunken amazement. Ay yi yi.

No comments: