Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hola amigos

Loyal readers (who number in the nano-thousands by now I am sure) will have noticed this blog has changed from "Daily Ruminations" to those of the weekly variety. It was just too hard to find the time everyday to think of funny stuff and most of all to type it. I still think of funny stuff almost everyday, but mainly I dislike typing.

I also know I promised more stories from Vegas, but once again typing gets in the way of the telling in whole of the stories so instead I will just tell the last sentence of the few of them:

-So Brian covered him in baby powder and stole his quarter pounder with cheese.

-So my hand was resting on his arm...the bed was small!!!

-If Bryce didn't want to get made fun of, a comma would have helped.

-And thus Mike wove the most intricate tale of proposal, including a hot air balloon, champagne, and flamingos... all becuase Bryce said he was engaged.

If anyone cares to know a story in its entirety ask.

I heard the Worst.Superlative.Ever. used in radio commercial the other day (I am glad I was able to express radio commercial since my mind was just trying to convince me that they are called "car commercials" because I hear them in the car)...it was talking about some scary ass movie coming out and the voiceover said something like, "And you can also download the cellphone game that some are saying is the scariest of 2006".....What.The. Fuck? Scariest of 2006...cell phone game? If you have ever seen a cell phone game, what with the 10 pixels and shitty graphics not to mention the typically upbeat quality of a game....I can't even find the right words, but I'd bet it is not scary.

When I was at the laundromat the other day, listening to the elevator music, I thought of my three most surprising songs to hear done in the elevator style:

1) "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia...this was never even that good of a song, and some boring fuck with a keyboard wasted their time to make it even worse.

2)"Unknown" by Barry White...I was just shocked that this one made the transition to elevator. I, however, am not suprised at how it made the transition...ultra-smooth

3)"Brickhouse" by some funky ass dudes...this was just weird to hear without a rippling bass line and all low key


Just because the name is now "Weekly" I can still write more often that that.

No comments: